Yapton Neighbourhood Plan 2
Yapton Neighbourhood Plan 2 - Referendum - 12th September 2023
?The Yapton Neighbourhood Plan 2 successfully passed an Independent Examination and has been amended to include the Examiner’s recommendations in the Referendum Version of the modified plan which can be accessed here.
The Examiner concluded that the Plan needs to undergo a Referendum of all eligible voters in the Parish of Yapton and some neighbouring properties in roads identified in the Parish of Ford.
Arun District Council are preparing for the Referendum which will take place on the 12th September 2023 at the Yapton & Ford Village Hall, Main Road in Yapton, between the hours of 7am and 10pm.
The Notices relating to the Referendum can be accessed here or by visiting the Arun District Council Website: Neighbourhood plan referendums | Arun District Council .
- Yapton 2 NPR Information Statement - 2nd August 2023
- Yapton 2 NPR Information for Voters - 2nd August 2023
- Yapton NPR Notice Of Referendum - 4th August 2023
The notices contain all the information you require to cast your vote in the Referendum on the 12th September, including the requirement to produce photo-id, and information on how to ensure you are registered to vote, applying for postal votes and proxy voting.
Copies of the Yapton Neighbourhood Plan 2 document which has been produced and published by the Parish Council can be found here and are being delivered to all households in the Parish of Yapton from the 4th August 2023. Letters of explanation and details on how to access the Neighbourhood Plan will be delivered to the properties identified in the neighbouring Parish of Ford in mid-August 2023.
Clerk to Yapton Parish Council
4th August 2023
Referendum on the modified Yapton Neighbourhood Plan - 12th September 2023
The timetable for the Referendum of the Yapton Neighbourhood Plan 2 can be found by clicking on this page from the Arun District Council website:
Yapton NPR Timetable | Arun District Council
Distribution of copies of the Plan to all living in the Parish of Yapton
The Parish Council has agreed to print sufficient copies of the modified Plan (called the Referendum Version) which will be delivered to all households in the Parish of Yapton towards the end of July 2023. If you have not received a copy of the plan booklet please let the Clerk of the Council know by e-mailing: Clerk@yaptonpc.go.uk . It is intended to send letters to all residents living in the adjoining roads in the Parish of Ford that the modifoed plan will be going to a referendum on the 12th September 2023. Only those on the electoral roll in Yapton Wards will be able to vote in the Referendum.
A full copy of the Referendum Version of the Yapton Neighbourhood Plan 2 can be found here (when available - around the end of July)
Decision Statement for Yapton Neighbourhood Plan 2011-2031
A Decision has been made on the Yapton Neighbourhood Plan 2011-2031 and the Decision Statement and post examination Plan is published on the ADC website on 14th June 2023 at Yapton neighbourhood development plan 2 | Arun District Council as required by Regulation 19 of the Neighbourhood Planning Regulation.
Following an Independent Examination, Arun District Council in conjunction confirms formal acceptance of the recommendations outlined in the Yapton Neighbourhood Plan Examination Report.
The Examiner’s report concluded that subject to making the modifications recommended by the Examiner, the Plan meets the basic conditions set out in the legislation and should proceed to a Neighbourhood Planning Referendum.
Having considered each of the recommendations made by the Examiner’s report, and the reasons for them, the Parish Council and Arun District Council have agreed to ALL the modifications to the draft plan as outlined in the Reg.19 Decision Statement.
The Plan will proceed to Referendum on Tuesday 12 September 2023
Special Meeting of the Parish Council to consider the modified Neighbourhood Plan
The Parish Council, at a special meeting on the 5th June 2023, approved the Post Examination Version of the Yapton Neighbourhood Development Plan for submission to Arun District Council by the 7th June 2023, in advance of a referendum on the Plan expected to take place on the 12th September 2023.
The following documents were attached to the agenda for consideration (Click on the blue highlighted text below to see the document):
(a) Yapton Neighbourhood Plan - 2011-2031 – Post Examination Version
(b) Appendix 2A – Bilsham Area of Character Designation
(c) Appendix 2B – Flansham Area of Character Designation
(d) Appendix 5 – Yapton Contextual Appraisal and Design Guide – no changes made.
The minutes of the special meeting are set out below:
Yapton Neighbourhood Development Plan 2
96. The Clerk introduced the item and the reason for the Special Parish Council being called to approve the Post Examination Version of the Yapton Neighbourhood Development Plan for submission to Arun District Council in advance of a referendum on the Plan expected to take place on the 12th September 2023.
The following documents had been circulated with the agenda for consideration by Parish Councillors:
(a) Yapton Neighbourhood Plan - 2011-2031 — Post Examination Version
(b) Appendix 2A — Bilsham Area of Character Designation
(c) Appendix 2B — Flansham Area of Character Designation
(d) Appendix 5 — Yapton Contextual Appraisal and Design Guide — no changes made — not attached to the agenda — copy available on Parish Council website
97. The Clerk introduced Mrs Julie Robinson, one of the lead members of the Yapton Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group, who had been asked to make a statement setting the context for the decision being sought at this meeting. The Chair invited Mrs Robinson to make her brief statement. She referred to the Examiner’s Report which had been received on the 13th May 2023 which had led to an improved planning document. Julie Robinson referred to the work that she, together with Elaine Cordingley and Vicky Newman had done in going through the report and making the changes recommended by the Independent Examiner, Mr Andrew Ashcroft.
98. The Council placed on record its grateful thanks to the three members of the Steering Group for all their hard work in bringing the modified plan to this point in the process.
99. The Parish Council resolved, with one abstention, to approve the Post Examination Version of the Yapton Neighbourhood Development Plan (documents listed above) for submission to Arun District Council in advance of a referendum on the Plan expected to take place on the 12th September 2023.
From Regulation 16 Consultation to Independent Examination
- An e-mail dated 11th May 2023 had been received from Donna Moles at Arun District Council Planning Department informing the Parish Council that The Yapton Neighbourhood Development Plan had successfully passed examination! Donna Moles passed on her many congratulations on the Examiner’s Report (copy attached to the minutes) (received late yesterday 10th May 2023), and also to the NDP team. This stage in the examination process had taken a long time to achieve and everyone should feel proud of this achievement.
- Arun District will publish the report on its website on the 11th May and will notify all those who have made representation or had been consulted in the process. A copy of the report can be found here.
- The e-mail set out how an updated indicative timetable leading to a Referendum and potential agreement by the Full Council at Arun District Council might look below:
- 28th April 2023 – Report issued for fact checking
- 10th May 2023 - Deadline for fact checking
- 11th May 2023 - Examiners report received and published
- By 26th May 2023 – Parish and ADC to agree examiners report
- 7th June 2023 – Deadline for submission of revised documents by Parish to ADC as agreed
- 14th June 2023 – Decision Statement published
- Referendum (TBC)- polling day with the hours of poll being 7am-10pm
- Full Council (TBC)
- It was also noted that a local planning authority is required to make the modified plan within 5 weeks following receipt of the examiner’s report, or such later date as agreed in writing between the local planning authority and the qualifying body. The indicative timetable indicates that whilst the Decision Statement will be issued before the 5 week period, it is not possible for the Plan to be ‘made’ in that period.
- The Committee was informed that a small number of the Yapton Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group were meeting to work through the Examiner’s recommendations contained in the report to enable a final version of the plan to be agreed with Arun District Council before the deadline date of the 7th June 2023. The Clerk would be canvassing on a date for a special meeting of the Parish Council to agree to the updated version of the Plan required prior to submission to a Referendum later in the year.
Regulation 16 Consultation by Arun District Council - 4th November 2021 and 6th January 2022 at 5pm
The Planning Committee on the 13th September 2021 received an update on the work to to identify what amendments were required to the various documents following the Reg.14 consultation to bring the Modification Proposals up to the standard required for them to be submitted to Arun District Council under Reg 15 of the procedure.
A number of amendments had been agreed to the documents and they had been updated and submitted to a meeting of the Yapton Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group. The Steering Group agreed the final documents could be submitted to a special meeting of the Parish Council for their agreement which was held on the 11th October to enable them to be submitted to Arun District Council under Regulation 15 of the Neighbourhood Planning legislation.
The Parish Council submitted the Yapton Neighbourhood Plan 2 documents to Arun District Council under Reg 15 of the Regulations on the 18th October 2021 Arun District Council is now holding a public consultation on the proposed modifications to the Yapton Neighbourhood Plan under Regulation 16 between the 4th November 2021 and 6th January 2022 at 5pm. The consultation period has been extended to account for the Christmas holiday period.
Following closure of the consultation and receipt of any responses, the local planning authority (Arun District Council) is required to make the modified plan within 5 weeks following receipt of the examiner’s report, or such later date as agreed in writing between the local planning authority and the qualifying body, Yapton Parish Council.
Please follow this link to the Reg. 16 Consultation on the Arun Dsitrict Council website - Yapton neighbourhood development plan 2 | Arun District Council
The Yapton Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group went through the responses and produced a modified version of the Plan and Appendices for examination by the Independent Examiner.
Submission of modified Neighbourhood Plan under Reg. 15
The Parish Council , through the work of the Yapton Neighbourhood Steering Group, has been working on the following suite of documents which are required to be submitted to Arun District Council under Regulation 15 of the Neighbourhood Planning Regulations. The Steering Group had completed much of the work on updating the plan, the various documents and maps in conjunction with our Consultants, O’Neill Homer.
1. Modified Version of YNP – Clean version incl. maps
2. Modified Version of YNP – Tracked changes document
Hi Resolution Maps to be submitted separately:
3. Policies Map
3a. Policies Map – Inset 1
3b. Policies Map – Inset 2
3c. Policies Map – Inset 3
4. GI (Green Infrastructure) Map
4a. GI Map – Inset 1
4b. GI Map – Inset 2
4c. GI Map – Inset 3
5. Appendix 2A – Bilsham Area of Character
6. Appendix 2B – Flansham Area of Character
7. Appendix 5 – Yapton Design Guide
8. Modification Proposal Statement
9. Basic Conditions Statement incl. screening opinion
10. Consultation Statement including Table of Consultation Responses and Actions - v. 041021(final)
11. Evidence Base
12. Contact details for the Reg. 14 consultees and responders - confidential - not publicly available
The Parish Council, at a special meeting on the 11th October 2021, approved the documents, maps and appendices, as listed above, making up the modifications to the Yapton Neigbourhood Plan, and agreed for them to be submitted to Arun District Council under Regulation 15 of the Neighbourhood Planning Regulations.
Please note: please click on document above highlighted in blue to view
Regulation 14 Consultation (22nd January 2021 to the 19th March 2021)
The Plan is now being advertised under Reg 14 of The Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012.
The consultation runs from the 22nd January 2021 to the 19th March 2021 (the period has been extended to allow for the Coronavirus Pandemic).
Please send your comments to by e-mail to: Clerk@yaptonpc.gov.uk or by post to: The Clerk of the Council (YNP2), Yapton Parish Council, 38 Ruskin Avenue, North Bersted, Bognor Regis, PO21 5BW
If you are aware of someone who does not have electronic access to the Council’s website please ask them to call 01243 859141 and they will be provided with assistance or a paper copy.
The full document and appendices can be found here from the 22nd January 2021:
Yapton Neighbourhood Plan 2014 – 2029 (as agreed by Arun District Council on 5th November 2014)
YNP2 Modification Proposal_Reg14_- 18 Dec. v9
Modification Proposal Statement
Appendix 2A - Bilsham - Area of Character
Appendix 2B - Flansham - Area of Character
Appendix 5 Yapton Design Guide
Yapton PC - Reg 14 - consultation statement - January 21
YNP2 Evidence Base
Plans and Maps - separate files for those included in Modification Proposal
Built Up Area Boundary Plan
Green Infrastructure Plan
Inset 1 - Proposals Map
Inset 2 - Bilsham AoC
Inset 3 - Flansham AoC
The Modification Proposal Document has been split into sections to aid reading and maps have been created to show key issues. The document is structured to show the Original Policy and Page Number as set out in the “made” Plan (on the left hand side of the page), and alongside it is the proposal to update and amend the Plan as stated in the document.
The following Appendices are included in the document or added separately where indicated:
Appendix 1 – Listed Buildings
Appendix 2 - List of Buildings or Structures of Character
Appendix 2 A - Bilsham – Area of Character Designation (Separate document)
Appendix 2B - Flansham – Area of Character Designation (Separate document)
Appendix 3 – List of Policies
Appendix 4 – Figure 2: Agricultural Land Classification in Yapton Parish Map
Appendix 5 - Yapton Contextual Appraisal and Design Guide (Separate document)
This following gives information on the process to review the "made" Yapton Neighbourhood Plan.
Yapton Parish Neighbourhood Plan Review - Vision Workshop Structure 14 August 2018 6:00pm-9:00pm
Vision document from Consultants - ONeilhomer
Minutes of the Yapton Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group2
Notes from meeting held on the 17th September 2018
8th October 2018
14th November 2018
11th March 2020
26th June 2020
22nd October 2020
24th November 2020
Much of the Steering Group time during this period was spent reviewing Reg 14 responses and updating various documents for later consultation
21st September 2021
Community Survey 2012