Annual Parish Meeting 15th May 2023 Minutes
ANNUAL PARISH MEETING FOR THE PARISH OF YAPTON
The Annual Parish Meeting was held at the Yapton & Ford Village Hall on the 15th May 2023. The meeting commenced at 7.00pm.
Present: Councillors Mr Andrews, Mrs Rosemarie Davidge, Mrs Philippa Greenan, Mrs Dilys Lownsborough, Mr O’Dell, and Mrs Amanda Worne.
Also present: Mr Stephen Haymes (In the Chair), Mr Gardiner (Clerk of Yapton Parish Council) and 9 members of the public.
1. Resolved – That the minutes of the meeting held on 9th May 2022 be approved as a correct record and that they be signed by the Chairman.
CHAIRMAN’S REPORT 2022/2023
- The Chairman referred to his Annual Report for 2022/2023 (circulated with the agenda) which set out the main points and dealt with the activities of the Council during the past year. It was noted that an illustrated copy of the Chairman’s Annual Report would be included in the May issue of the Council’s magazine, Yapton News, which is circulated to all households in the Parish and was due to be published shortly.
- Resolved – That the Chairman’s report for 2022/2023 as presented be adopted (copy attached to minute book).
- The Clerk presented a copy of the Statement of Accounts and the Annual Governance Statement for the year ended 31 March 2023.
- Resolved – That the Statement of Accounts and the Annual Governance Statement for the year ended 31st March 2023 as presented be noted (copies attached to minute book).
- STEPHEN ROE CHARITY
The Chairman reported that the audited accounts extracted from the Annual Report for the Stephen Roe Charity for the years 1st January – 31st December 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022 had not been received by the Council. The Chairman had previously contacted the Vicar of the Parish to enquire why there was a delay in submitting these to the Parish Council. The Vicar responded that a change in Churchwardens and the change in the Bank Mandate had created a delay in the accounts production. He promised to send the accounts as soon as they became available. The Clerk had also been in touch with the Churchwarden and no information had been forthcoming.
PUBLIC QUESTION TIME
7. The Chairman suggested that any public questions could be raised during the regular Parish Council Meeting later this evening.
The meeting closed at 7.09pm